Monday, April 27, 2009

Tender Graces - A Review

The literary world has discovered a gifted writer....

Today I finished reading "Tender Graces" by Kathryn Magendie. Many of you know Kathryn and are followers of her blog.
I didn't realize just how gifted she really is until I read her new book!
How did I love it? Let me count the ways:
1. Poetic
2. Imaginative
3. Clever
4. Unique
5. Exciting
6. Haunting
7. It made me laugh/it made me cry
8. It's one I'll never forget

The story is beautifully written, haunting, profound, and develops the characters in a way that makes the reader feel personally connected. It should be in Oprah's book club. I hope she reads it!

I fell in love with Virginia Kate and Rebekha, and wanted never to let them go when the story ended. In fact, my eyes were stinging with tears.

Kathryn, you have written a fantastic novel. Good ones are hard to find, but yours did not disappoint. You're one of the best authors I've come across in years. I anticipate you writing more Virginia Kate stories and I'll be the first in line at the bookstore!

Dear readers, don't miss this book. I think you're going to love it.

Congratulations, Kathryn!!








12 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

I just read this aloud to Good Man Roger - and while doing so, my voice cracked - then my own eyes were stinging with tears....this is lovely - I just ..it's just....now I'm speechless....

Thank you for this -- *SOB!*

I am so filled with gratitude...

Barb Davis said...

Kathryn- I meant every word of it and also I have put a part of it on Amazon Reviews.

I loved the characters and can't wait for more!

Angie Ledbetter said...

You have nailed Tender Graces and Kathryn's abilities as a writer perfectly! :) The characters just live on in your head.

Good news for us, tho, since Kat's working on book 2. Yay!

Barb Davis said...

Angie- I'm hooked. Can hardly wait for the 2nd one.

Janna Leadbetter said...

My copy can't find its way here fast enough!

Barb Davis said...

Janna- Let us know when you finish your copy. Enjoy!!

Lea and her Mustangs said...

It sounds like a must read book. thank you for introducing it to us.

Barb Davis said...

Lea, It's a great read.

diane b said...

I must put that on my "To Read List." Thank you for the review and you certainly choked up Kathryn.

Barb Davis said...

Diane- Yes, it's a "must read"

Linda said...

It must be a wonderful book if it gave you that type of response!! Congratulations, Kathryn!!

Barb Davis said...

Linda- Kathryn's book was a delight!