Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Heaven Is For Real

Author: Todd Burpo
Hardcover: 192 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson;
Reprint edition (November 1, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0849948363

My thoughts:

I first bought the CD version of Heaven Is For Real by Todd Burpo, so I could listen while I drove in my car. After listening to it, I agreed to do a review of the hardcover edition. Young Colton’s story is so real and so innocent that one cannot help but be inspired by it. It is about his experience in Heaven and seeing people and things he could not possibly have known unless he was actually there. The book is certainly Biblical and told with simplicity and heartfelt sincerity.

Four year old Colton Burpo is very near death when he has his Heavenly experience with Jesus and sits on the knee of Jesus while they talk. When he doesn’t die, he starts to tell his family about the things he has witnessed and the dead family members that he met while on his exceptional journey. How could he know such things if he had not seen them? His parents were amazed as Colton’s story began to unfold, little by little, through the innocence of a child’s eyes and speech.

The book is well-written, believable, and inspiring. I am so glad to know Colton’s story. It was a real blessing to me. Thank you to Thomas Nelson Publishers for my free hardcover review copy.

2 comments:

Canada said...

I read this book truly hoping to find an account of life after death that I could believe in. Unfortunately the story has several factual errors which cast serious doubts about the legitimacy of the story. Add that to the increasingly fantastic imagery that emerges as the boy grows older and is exposed to more Christian "schooling" and Hollywood media and the whole story loses credibility.

Jenn said...

I loved this story. Glad you did too. :)