Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Every Day A Friday (How To Be Happier 7 Days A Week)

Author: Joel Osteen
Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: FaithWords (September 13, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0892969911

Book Description:

The title comes from research that shows people are happiest on Fridays. Pastor Joel Osteen writes how we can generate this level of contentment and joy every day of the week.

Known as a man who maintains a constant positive outlook in spite of circumstances, Osteen has described this message as a core theme of his ministry. Combining his personal experiences with scriptural insights and principles for true happiness, he shows readers how every day can hold the same promise and opportunities for pure joy that they experience at five o'clock on Friday.

My Thoughts:

When I started reviewing Every Day A Friday, it was my intention to read it all the way through like any other book, but once I read a page or two I decided to use it as a devotional. I would read a chapter or so each day. I got so excited about the universal truth of it that every morning after my reading I would post something about it on my FaceBook status! I couldn't help shouting about what a wonderful life this is. Joel Osteen just brings that out of the reader. I couldn't help it.

If you are looking for something uplifting, this is it! I could almost hear Joel's voice while I read his words. I could hear his laughter and imagine his bubbly personality. His message of positive thinking is infectious. The book is all about setting your mind on happiness and not letting negative people and feelings take over. It's about laughing at life, celebrating yourself, and living as Christ intended. I HIGHLY recommend it!!

(Thank you goes to Hachette Book Group for my review copy.)

No comments: