Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nearing Home by Billy Graham

Author: Billy Graham
Hardcover: 192 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (October 18, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0849948320

My thoughts:

I received my book, Nearing Home; Life, Faith, and Finishing Well by Billy Graham a few days ago and I have been absolutely absorbed by this great man's testimony, and depth of spiritual wisdom. Rev. Graham has lived on a higher plain than most of us and imparts, in his new and possibly his last book, what he has learned and witnessed over a 92+ year life-span.

As always, Rev. Graham tells the story with vast Biblical knowledge, grace, integrity, and beautiful simplicity. The book is filled with wisdom from this spiritual giant of a man, the most celebrated and followed minister of our time. His complete love and devotion to his Lord, Jesus Christ, and his family are totally evident as he remembers life-events and gives simple, loving advice to the reader. Since I am a grandmother, I especially liked the emphasis he puts on the role of a grandparent.

I am so glad I got the chance to read Billy Graham's story and would recommend it to readers of any age. I will pass my copy on in hopes that it will inspire someone else as much as it did me. May God bless this wonderful man who many of us have followed for most of our life...a living example of a true Christian disciple. Thank you to Thomas Nelson Publisher for my free review copy.

1 comment:

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will be getting the book. I've been watching videos of Billy Graham, and his daughter Anne Graham Lotz, for the past week. So inspiring.