Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Lift Up My Soul

Author: Charles F. Stanley
Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
(October 19, 2010)
ISBN-10: 1400202892

Book Description:
365 devotions that lead straight to the throne of God.

The sun rises, the day begins, and everything the world needs from you stands waiting at the door. In the midst of it all, the whisper of God invites you to do the most important thing of any day-be with Him.

In this 365-day devotional, I Lift Up My Soul, best-selling author and pastor Dr. Charles Stanley leads you straight to the Father with words of encouragement and insight drawn from the Word of God. Each day, you will be inspired to lift up your soul and gain a Bible-centered perspective.

My Review:
Beloved pastor Charles Stanley has been preaching the Word for over forty years, many of which my family and I have watched on television. He is one of the most well known and respected ministers of our time.

In this new devotional, Dr. Stanley, leads us through 365 days of devotional praise and fellowship with Jesus Christ. His goal is to help the reader come to a closer relationship with the Creator God. The reader will find suggested scripture reading, a key verse for the day, a daily prayer, and inspirational messages like: In Awe of His Grace; Waiting On God; A Candle of Hope; An Act of God’s Will; The Victory Is Near; and Coming Out of Hiding.

This book is truly a gift of love by the author. Each entry is filled with hope, inspiration, and encouragement. I have found a sense of peace in each of the entries that I have read so far. I also like the colorful artwork on the cover and feel it would make an excellent gift for a loved one.

I believe this is one of the most well-written devotionals to come along in a while-- right up there with those of Joyce Meyers.

(Thank you to Thomas Nelson Publishing for my review copy.)

No comments: