Wednesday, April 13, 2011

All That's True / Review


Author: Jackie Lee Miles
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
(January 1, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9781402240850

Book Description:

"My life was close to being perfect until my brother Alex got killed. Then my mother started drinking and my father started having sex with Donna, my best friend's stepmother. She's not even thirty years old."

With an equal mix of joy and sorrow, All That's True follows Andi's poignant-and sometimes laugh out loud-journey to young adulthood, where she struggles with the elusive nature of truth and the devastating consequences of deception.

My Thoughts:
A brilliant author has produced another brilliant novel. All That's True is southern fiction at its best. Poignant; wise; witty; and entirely human--it finds a voice the young female audience will connect with. Congratulations on a work well done!

(Thank you to Sourcebooks Landmark for my review copy.)

No comments: