Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dragonfly, A Book of Love Letters

Author: Ed Pilolla
Paperback: 80 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (December 31, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1456471406

Book Description:

"I want to drop into your eyes and catch the wind from your childhood, tear a chunk from my soul and plant it in your garden, hang paper lanterns from your sky, climb into your deepest well and touch the holy water lightly with the back of my hand. Then I'll think about what to make for lunch."
My thoughts: 

Poetry is a difficult genre to review, since it is written from the author's soul. As a reviewer, I am forced to dig around in the soil thereof, while completely respecting the effort, emotion, and creativity that has gone into each project. It may also be understood and embraced by one reader, though discarded by another. Each reader of poetry expects and appreciates that which speaks to their own heart and experience--a few pages here spoke to mine. This is a book of love letters written as poetry. I found it interesting and at times touching.
(Thank you to the author for my review copy.)

No comments: