Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Love My Mother, But....


Author: Linda Mintle
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers (March 1, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9780736930598

Book Description:
For any woman who would complete this title with “she drives me crazy!” this book is a goldmine of guidance from nationally recognized author, speaker, and family life expert Dr. Linda Mintle.
Many grown daughters struggle to find balance and perspective with their mothers, and they don’t realize that this emotionally charged relationship greatly impacts the health of all others in their lives. With expertise, great examples, and biblical insight, Dr. Mintle reveals how women can reinvent their connection with their mothers by
  • practicing the spiritual acts of prayer, empathy, and forgiveness
  • making new connections to break old patterns
  • letting go of guilt and shame and finding peace
  • applying anger management techniques
  • discovering ways to honor their mothers and themselves
This resource offers practical and spiritually powerful ways for women to find wholeness as they seek healing and renewal in their relationships with their mothers.

My Thoughts:

My first thought on receiving this book was, "at last, a book on the complex relationship between mother and daughter!" How many times have we heard 'you drive me crazy!' from one or the other--mother or daughter?

I Love My Mother, But... should be mandatory reading for every woman. It is packed with inspirational and common sense approaches to understanding and preventing the hurt and misunderstandings that come with the close female vs female dynamic.

Chapters include: Now, Let's All Just Stay Calm; Anger at Our Impossible Mothers; Handling Conflict; I Am My Mother?; Families: The Ties That Define; and more.

Sometimes our expectations are unrealistic. This book will help sort out those expectations and open our eyes to healthy possibilities. 5 stars*****

(Thank you to Harvest House Publishers for my review copy.)

No comments: