Sunday, June 8, 2008

Shopping For Candles

Shopping for scented candles is one of my favorite activities in life. So yesterday when my youngest daughter and I went into Walmart for a few garden and pet supplies, I couldn't help but wander over to the candle section.

Walmart has a wonderful candle selection where I could easily spend a small fortune. Yesterday, I found several things that I just couldn't live without. I bought a pair of gorgeous medium-size crystal hurricane lamps for holding small twelve hour candles. When I returned home I immediately sat them on the sideboard/dresser in the Serenity Room, placed little clear glass candles inside, lit both of them and sat down in the wicker chair to view the glistening, flickering scene. BEAUTIFUL!!

My inexpensive etched crystal hurricane lamps are one purchase that will be enjoyed and appreciated for years to come. It's a wonderful feeling to get so much pleasure from a $12.00 bargain.

No comments: