I graduated high school in 1962. Today I'm remembering the events and the pop-culture of that year.
1. The Beattles released their first recording- "Love Me Do"
2. The first silicone breast implants were used
3. An electric sewing machine was $49.95
4. The average price for a home was $12,500.00
5. Gasoline was 28 cents per gallon
6. JFK was our President
7. We were involved in the Cuban Missile Crisis
8. Marilyn Monroe died
9. The first Walmart store opened
10. The first KMart store opened
11. John H. Glenn was the 1st American to orbit the earth
12. Elvis Presley starred in "Girls, Girls, Girls"
*** What do you remember about the year you graduated from high school?
Don't forget to enter The Thankful Turkey Day Giveaway for a new pashmina (soft wool) shawl/scarf. Contest ends on Thanksgiving weekend.
1. Your blog MUST appear in my community of "Followers" in the right hand column where the pics are.
2. Once you have become a "Follower" I will enter your name into the drawing box, then each time you leave a comment, your name will go into the box again. But remember, your blog MUST appear in my community of "Followers."
3. If your name is drawn you will have 48 hours to send me your address. If I don't hear from you within that time, a second name will be drawn.