Thursday, February 26, 2009

Watch What You Say

Well, as usual, I've spoken too soon.

I've been talking for the last few days about the weather here in our peaceful little valley. It's been in the high 50's and one day was 60 degrees. My heavy coat had been discarded along with winter shoes and I was getting ready for Spring, even though I knew there was going to be a few more cool days in store for us.

Well, guess what. This morning I awoke to Snow!! It took me awhile to wrap my brain around what all that white stuff was, outside, on the ground.

And that's not the worst of it-- the snow had started to melt. When we turned Riley out into the backyard, he came back to the door with muddy feet, which we had to clean before he could come back into the house. What a mess that was, but not nearly as bad as my family and friends in eastern Washington state have had it!

Now on a warmer note--my Naot sandals (photo above) arrived yesterday, viva the Postal Service. I immediately took them out of the box and tried them on. Wow, what heavenly comfort!! I can't wait for Spring and early summer to get here, so I can wear them with shorts or even casual dresses. Thank you Linda for introducing me to the Naot brand. I intend to buy other styles and colors in the future. (Note: I don't work for the Naot company. lol)

***What's the first thing you look forward to doing/wearing when summer comes?

18 comments:

Lea and her Mustangs said...

That is kind of what I thought this morning when I woke up and looked out. I am ready to go outside without boots and a heavy coat. I wore snow boots and now muck boots and I want to wear regular shoes of any kind an no big barn coat, hat and gloves. Unlike the pictures of Linda I don't look pretty in mine, just a lump - at least that is what I feel like.

Barb Davis said...

Lea- I'm so ready for warmth. I'm feeling discouraged today about alot of things and the cloudy cold
icky weather doesn't help. No serenity here today.

Becca said...

We awoke to snow here on the ground here in Hillsboro this morning, too! Ugh! Hey we do turn the clocks ahead on March 8th!

I look forward to the farmers markets and wearing my tevas and sitting on the deck reading a book with a cold drink!

Barb Davis said...

Becca- I think we, in the cooler parts of the nation, have had it with bad weather.

Sitting outside with a good book sounds wonderful...and I'll even have a big glass of southern sweet iced tea beside me!

Leslie said...

The past two days here in NW Arkansas we have had Spring. I even slept with my bedroom window open both nights and now they are saying snow tomorrow night. It's not over yet ! yuck...
Stay warm. Hugs~~~Leslie

Vikki G said...

Oh my gosh...snow~ Can't imagine..I went out to the store here in my flip-flops! Of course here in Florida it is seventy~ Hope you get to wear those sandals soon!
Blessings,
Vikki

Barb Davis said...

Leslie- Oh, the joy of sleeping with a bedroom window open. We always did this in the spring and summer when I was a child. It brings back delicious memories of awaking to chirping birds, freshly plowed earth, and the smell of the early morning sun warming the dew on the grass. Heaven.

Barb Davis said...

Vikki- I would LOVE to be there in Florida right this minute!

Joanne said...

First thing I look forward to doing? Planting my Jet Star Tomato Seedlings in the garden! Wearing? Definitely capris!

Barb Davis said...

Joanne- Vine ripened tomatoes--one of my favorite taste treats, especially when they have been warmed by the sun and eaten immediately! I must remember to ask Jim to plant some this spring.

Linda said...

Can't wait for Spring--but it's being shy this year. At least most of our snow melted so I can start riding Cowboy again--practice water crossings over all the big puddles. ha ha. I don't mind wearing jackets and hats and gloves and boots--they're my favorite clothing items--but enough is enough!! I look forward to sitting out on the deck in the afternoons, landscaping around the house and getting a garden in. I love those sandals. Naot is a comfy brand--I had forgotten about them! I need to start shopping for a good pair, too. And Thanks for the compliment, Lea!

Patty said...

Mowing the lawn.

Barb Davis said...

Linda- Onlineshoes.com has lots of Naot with free shipping and unconditional return policy.

Barb Davis said...

Patty- I love the smell of a freshly mown lawn and the beauty of it. Can't wait to see green grass again!

Terri Tiffany said...

I don't really care for summer here in Fla so I can't answer that! Gets too hot! But I love it being warm at any time of the day,

Barb Davis said...

Terri- I think you live in a place some of us can only dream of.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Warm warm here and everything's lovely green. My azaleas are already in full bloom.

Barb Davis said...

Angie- I'm jealous!!!