Friday, July 17, 2009

Around the Opry Table

Author: Kay West
Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Center Street (October 15, 2007)
ISBN-10: 1931722870

If you like country music, you're going to love this beautiful cookbook.

Author, Kay West, has put together a book that not only shares with us the recipes of famous Grand Ole Opry stars, but also photos, songs, and stories.

You are going to find the food, songs, and stories of such greats as Minnie Pearl, Vince Gill, Roy Acuff, Little Jimmy Dickens, Hank Williams, Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Tex Ritter, Dolly Parton, Tom T. Hall, George Jones, Ricky Skaggs, Lorrie Morgan, Alan Jackson, Alison Krauss, Brad Paisley, Trace Adkins, and more. There is even a story about the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store with a recipe for their CORN BREAD DRESSING.

Here's a list of just a few of the recipes you'll find inside this cookbook:
*Applesauce Cake
*Butterscotch Pie
*Bachelor Biscuits
*Black Cake
*Blueberry Skillet Cake
*Scripture Cake
*Tennessee Pride Country Kitchen Casserole
*Texas Hold 'Em Chili
*Jambalaya
*Tennessee Smoky Mountain Paella
*Martha White's Southern Cornbread

This is a quality book that would make a nice addition to your cookbook collection or a unique gift. I love mine.

(Thanks to Hachette Book Group for my review copy)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness. My sweet tooth's begging me to get a copy, and to get busy baking that Butterscotch Pie!

Thanks for the recommendation.
Kathleen

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

This is a cookbook that my southern, Mississippi born hubby would love. Will check it out.

Stella Jones said...

What a great book. I love the sound of those recipes and anything to do with Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is a must for me! Reading those recipes made me nostalgic Barbara. I miss Cracker Barrel.
Blessings, Star