Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Broccoli And Cauliflower Salad



Thanks to our good friend, Tileena, we now have a new favorite salad at our house. I served it on our Christmas Eve buffet and made it again on New Year's Day. I made it again this afternoon and can't wait to serve it up.

Broccoli And Cauliflower Salad

1 head fresh broccoli, broken up
1/2 lb. bacon, fried crisp, drained, and crumbled
1 c. mild Cheddar, shredded
1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1 head fresh cauliflower, broken up

DRESSING:
1 c. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. vinegar
1/4 c. sugar

Combine dressing ingredients and whip. Pour on top of salad ingredients. Mix well. Serve chilled.
Thanks Tileena!!


***Do you have a favorite salad you serve when company comes?

18 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

That sounds awesome! Nom nom nom...

Barb Davis said...

Janna- It's a delicious way to get our veggies.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Such interesting ingredients all together. Might have to try this.

Barb Davis said...

Angie- You'll love it. I promise.

Unknown said...

I am obsessed with this salad also! I have cooks.com to thank:).

Lea and her Mustangs said...

That sounds wonderful. We had one at Christmas at a friends made with brocolli that I need the recipe for. It was different. I am going to copy that down though, we love veggie salads like that. We had steamed fresh asparagas for summer. I could have eaten way more.

Barb Davis said...

Tileena- You sweetie!!! I LOVE YOUR SALAD RECIPE, as you can tell. We had some for dinner and it's just as delicious as ever. It's a good snack, too. Many thanks for helping make me healthy!!LOL.

Barb Davis said...

Lea my friend- Please try this one. I really think you'll like it.

Pat's Place said...

Yum! That sounds great! I will save that one for when I return home.

Barb Davis said...

Pat- It's easy and delicious.

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

As always, Barbara, you have such a wonderful, enjoyable and interesting blog! Can't wait to try your salad. Yummy! Two of my favorite veggies are broccoli and cauliflower.

Barb Davis said...

Donna- Welcome back.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I'll take out the bacon, but it sounds delish!

Barb Davis said...

Kathryn- You can adjust it and it will be ok. The dressing is what really makes it so good.

Angie Ledbetter said...

B, it won't let me get to today's post (Thurs), "With all Your Heart" that's showing on my sidebar. argh!

Barb Davis said...

Angie- I had a "change of Heart" and took it off. Will use it another day. Sorry.

Joanne said...

Okay, this one's copied and pasted into my files! Looks delish.

Barb Davis said...

Joanne- I just received an email from a friend who tried it today and loves it. Enjoy!