Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pine Cone Centerpiece

Over the holiday, I made this simple centerpiece for our living room coffee table. I found a short, wide (18 inches in diameter), iridescent red glass bowl at Ross Discount store. I think I paid just a little over $10.00 for it. (I saw the same bowl a few days ago for $39.00 in another store.) I also bought 2 bags of cinnamon scented pine cones to go in the bowl and then added a candle and some pine for accent.

The cinnamon scented pine cones have been the best part of the entire arrangement, filling the room with a deliciously delicate aroma.

Since our home's interior is lodge-style, I intend to use the centerpiece for several months.

The cost of the arrangement was approx. $25.00.

9 comments:

Leon1234 said...

Hey, how are you doing? Thank You for this great blog.

Terri Tiffany said...

It's great looking! Do you have any suggestions for a Valentine's Centerpiece?

Angie Ledbetter said...

Looks great on that red charger.

KKJD1 said...

Love the centerpiece you should add a couple of red roses for Valentines day. I put another reminder up on my blog about your Valentine giveaway. Have a great day! Blessings, Karen

Janna Leadbetter said...

It's so simple and gorgeous! And I love KKJD1's idea to add a few rosebuds. Beautiful!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Beautiful! I love natural centerpieces...and love pinecones!

Linda said...

Very nice. I love inexpensive center pieces. I made one at Thanksgiving by setting a wreath on the table and then putting an orange bowl in the center--a candle in the bowl and fake leaves around the candle. It cost nothing because I had all those things already. I agree about the Valentines theme. :)

Pat's Place said...

Nice! I wish I had picked up some of those pine cones I found on my walks in NM. However, I came back loaded with lots of stuff and the pine cones might have gotten squashed. I will look for some on sale.

Lea and her Mustangs said...

How pretty. I did something similar but used a silver charger that I already had and a chrystal bowl I alread had also. I put it all away after Christmas but adding the roses would make it very appropriate for Valentines day don't you think. Wonderful idea.