Monday, January 5, 2009
An Interval Of Rest
I'm back from my brief blogland intermission and I highly recommend it to everyone.
After a busy holiday season, my body and spirit said "a quiet interlude" was needed. With the winter winds howling outside and at least six inches of snow on the ground, what better time to settle down beside a cozy fire with a few good books.
For the last few days I was able to finish several books I had started reading.
1. The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman
2. 500 Great Books By Women (A Reader's Guide)
3. The Little Black Book of Style by Nina Gracia
4. Classics For Pleasure by Michael Dirda
5. Book Of Everyday Wisdom by The Delany Sisters
6. The Little Black Dress Diet by Michail Van Straten
As you can see, I read all sorts of things. I suppose I've never seen a book I didn't like, in one way or another.
How nice it is to take a needed break from time to time and enjoy the little pleasantries of life.
***If you had a day completely to yourself, how would you spend it?