Friday, October 17, 2008

Back To Serenity

There hasn't been a lot of serenity, lately, at The Serenity Gate. News of a recession, the presidential race in full gallop on every TV channel, family illnesses, unstable weather, fall yard work, and a vicious bout of dermatitis on my face, have all worked together to cause me anxiety and writer's block.

Now that some issues seem to be under control, I hope to retrieve my composure, get back to writing, and read some of the books that have been piling up.

Yesterday, I replaced the dried carnations in my Serenity Room, with fresh red ones, and burned a fragrant vanilla candle in a glass container, on the shelf. Music is, again, playing softly in the background and the room motions for me to come in and sit down in the wicker chair.

It's been several days since I've given myself the luxury of escape and rest. Perhaps, sitting quietly by candlelight will calm my spirit and help me regain my creative voice.

How or where do you find your CREATIVE VOICE?

8 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

Best to you, Barbara. I hope you find a fabulous respite from the woes of the world. I wish you serenity, truly.

Barb Davis said...

Janna- Thanks for your kindness.

Joanne said...

I'm glad your serenity room beckons, how nice that music is playing again. That paints a nice picture. I often find my creative voice on long walks. I love to walk, do so as often as possible. That, and music help me along.

Barb Davis said...

Joanne- I read somewhere recently that walking helps bring out creativity.

Wade said...

It is amazing what a few moments of peace can do!!!

Barb Davis said...

Janalyn- Sometimes that's all we need to gain our strength and go on, renewed in spirit.

Lea and her Mustangs said...

Barbara, I have been reading your blog for a while and please know prayers are with your family. I find my place of serenity on the back of my horse going down a trail to anywhere.

Barb Davis said...

Lea- Welcome to The Serenity Gate and thank you for your prayers for our family. I can certainly understand how you could find peace and serenity on horseback. That would be a very special time.