Monday, June 8, 2009

My Goodness: My Kids - A Review

What kind of kids are you raising?

At last a book has been written about "common sense" parenting! In her book, "My Goodness: My Kids- Cultivating Decency in a Dangerous World" Nesta A. Aharoni, answers questions like: how often should we use praise with our children; should we ever say I'm sorry, or argue; what about letting go and when is the right time; what role does religion play in a child's life?

In this insightful book one finds old fashioned wisdom and good solid advice whether you are a first-time parent or one who just needs some answers-- fast!

As a parent, myself, I feel confident in saying the solutions in this book are ones that fit many of the problems of today and can lead to successful parenting and children with strong character. The book is well written, easy to understand and implement, and has received the Mother's Choice Award Honoring Excellence.

Some chapters which are included are:
*Chores and Allowance
*Dinnertime Conversation
*Everybody's Doing It
*Fear
*Freedom and Trust
*Grades
*Humiliation
*Letting Go
*Punishment
*Religion
*Sex and Drugs


I recommend this wonderful book.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

Sounds like a very helpful book. Wish I had it when I was raising kids. Will forward recommendation to my son to read.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Sad when there has to be a book full of things we used to take for conventional wisdom. Hope it's read by many who don't have a clue as to just how right grandma and great-grandma are/were! :)