Monday, August 25, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Sundays have become the day my youngest daughter Becka and I get together for an outing. Her husband Tony is usually working on Sundays, so we get to do some girl stuff together.

Yesterday I picked her up at 12:30 for lunch at Red Lobster, then shopping at the mall and afterward we stopped by Starbucks. At 4:20 in the afternoon, we took in a Sunday matinee at the theater-- "House Bunny" was playing and we both had been wanting to see it. After the movie we came home, changed into our biking clothes, loaded the bicycles onto her car and off Becka, Jim and I drove for an evening ride on the river bike path (photos at right and below). It was close to dark when we arrived at the parking lot, so we knew we had to get going or darkness would soon overtake us.

Well.... to make a long story short, the three of us had a great ride and got back to the car just as darkness fell over the landscape. Now that Fall is only a few weeks away, we will need to ride earlier in the afternoon. Even though I love summer, I'm looking forward to cooler days for our future trips alongside the river.

The first five (5) people to leave a comment on this posting will win (with no strings attached) a free gift!!! The gift will be chosen at random (by me) out of my Fatima's Treasure inventory. If you are one of the five lucky winners, you must send your home address to fatimastreasure@hotmail.com. Your home address will remain private.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new pictures and new look on the blog! Have a great day my friend!

Pat's Place said...

I would love to be biking again. You are inspiring me! Guess I had better air up those tires and try it out on the cul de sac first. Then the neighbors can pick me up if I fall.

Smockity Frocks said...

WOOHOO! I love free!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Hi, I just found your blog. I love the Joseph Campbell quote at the top. That's good sound advice.

Barb Davis said...

Andrea and All winners- Please be sure to send me your address so I can send your prize. Thanks a million. Barbara

Pat's Place said...

Barbara, I think you have my address from your last fabulous give-away! Let me know if I need to send it to you again.

Patty H. said...

I'm here!
You have my addy from the last giveaway.
Blessings