Saturday, August 30, 2008

Nim's Island

Last evening, after going out to dinner, Jim and I came home and watched "Nim's Island" on DVD. The movie stars Gerard Butler, Jodie Foster, and Abigail Breslin. I had seen the movie in the theater, twice, when it was first released and enjoyed it so much that I bought the DVD last week and ask Jim to view it with me. It was just as entertaining as ever!

Here is a portion of the review on the the DVD's dust cover: "Nim's Island takes place on a tropical island paradise where imagination runs wild and adventure rules. Nim Rusoe lives on a deserted island with her scientist father, Jack and her animal and bird friends. But when Jack goes missing at sea and the island is invaded, Nim reaches out via e-mail to the adventurous author of her favorite books, and together, each discovers what it takes to truly become the hero of your own life story."

If you are looking for a good, clean movie to watch alone or with your family, this may be the movie for you. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Sounds like a great movie! And I received your wonderful give-away gift, the tea pot/tea cup bracelet yesterday. I love it! In fact, I think I will wear it today because I love tea and feel like making a pot right now. Thank you, thank you!

Barb Davis said...

So happy you like the gift. Keep your eyes open for more to come.