Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Break From The World

Yesterday, my backyard garden was quiet and serene; almost Holy. It was such a pleasure to go there for lunch and later, sit alone in the swing, under the big old walnut tree, reading a couple of books (one at a time) that begged to be finished. I finished one of them after lunch and the other was finished in early evening.

As I sat in my serenity garden, many memories came to mind of special lunches enjoyed there with family and friends; focaccia Italian sandwiches cut into wedges, chilled white wine in sparkling goblets, birthday cakes, special party barbecues and children's voices. There have been so many happy luncheons shared, under our ancient tree (whose arms are spread wide in welcome) and I expect--with our big family-- there will be many more in the future.

Yesterday, I took a break from my busy lifestyle and relaxed a bit: physically, mentally, and spiritually. The break was rejuvenating and today I'm ready to face the world again.

No comments: