Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Get Up And Get Goin'

When I was young, I couldn't wait to be "older" and the years seemed to drag by. Now that I am really "older"...the years are flying past me and I'm finding changes that I didn't anticipate. The glow of youth is gone, but a change in perspective has taken it's place.

Aging can be a fabulous time for seniors. It's a place in life where we have more time to do all the things we wanted to do before, but didn't have the time. Perhaps, back then, we were busy getting an education, moving up the professional ladder, raising a family, and living up to other serious committments. Now that those responsibilities have been met and our homes are quiet, we can start making a list of "things never done" or "things neglected" and begin to actually enjoy them.

My list:
1. Spend more time with my grandchildren.
2. Get my bike out of "mothballs" and go for long evening rides.
3. Go for short day-trips by car, taking along a picnic lunch.
4. Take an art course.
5. Take a writing course.
6. Visit old friends who live out of state.
7. Go on an exotic vacation.
8. Take a second cruise to Alaska (or to the islands of the Pacific, especially Bora Bora).
9. Restart my exercise program.
10. Attend more new movies.
11. Work on my spiritually (which is really first on my list)
12. Attend lectures, concerts, and exhibits at our local college.
13. Write for my two blogs....love it!!
14. Read, read, read.
Copyright 2008 By-Barbara Davis

No comments: