Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why Do I Blog?

Until a few months ago, the blogging world had always been a mystery to me. To start one, I thought, a person would surely need to be a "computer genius". But much to my surprise and a little help, I had my blog up and running in a matter of minutes; it has been a joy, ever since.

Some may ask, "Why would you want to blog?"

For me, the reasons are: for myself, my family, my friends, and my friends-to-be.

1. Myself....blogging is relaxing and creative, it's great writing practice, and it helps me put my life into perspective.

2. My family....it's my hope that by writing my thoughts in a permanent place like this, my children and grandchildren will begin to know me on a more personal level and perhaps, gain insights into their own life-journey, through me.

3. My friends....it's a wonderful way to connect with old friends who may not live close-by. Here, I am able to share my daily life with them.

4. Friends-to-be....blogging is a great way to meet people with similar interests. It's a small world and blogging proves it. I've already met many other strong, creative women.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Those are good reasons to blog. :) I blog because I want to share my experience with others who might attempt the same thing--gentling a mustang, that is--and to network with people who are doing the same thing or have unique insights into my PASSION--Horses. It's a wonderful way to share ideas and build off of each other. What did people do before the internet??

Pat's Place said...

Great reasons to blog. I also have also connected with some cousins that I never see and had almost lost contact with. It has been great to reconnect with them through my blog and begin a dialog on a new level.

Barb Davis said...

Pat, I have connected with people from the past, too. One person who I had not seen in over 30 years, stumbled upon my blog a few days ago. It is very exciting.