Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Housekeeping

I have looked forward to the heat of summer for months and it's finally here. We have had two days of 100+ degrees. Now I'm wishing for the weather to cool. Are we ever satisfied?

Last evening a storm came up with lightning, thunder and wind, and in turn, blew down some of the small dead limbs from our old walnut tree. It also took down some power lines around our area, leaving streets and stores in darkness.

The wind and the dead, fallen tree limbs, remind me of my own life-journey. It seems when life gets a bit uncomfortable for me... is when I start shedding the old routines and habits and I am forced to reach out in new directions. Nature does a little housekeeping, whether it's with me, or a tree.
Copyright 2008 By-Barbara J. Davis

2 comments:

Patty H. said...

Reminds me of the winds that God has to cause in my life in order to get rid of all the dead stuff that I'm hanging on to.
Blessings

Barb Davis said...

Yes, you are right. You might want to read one of my earlier entries call "Joy In Adversity".