Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wonderful Birthday

Yesterday, I had a wonderful birthday. After taking me to lunch, Jim gave me a beautiful single red rose. The children called in the afternoon and last evening we went to Becka and Tony's for a patio party. They worked hard to make everything perfect for us. The weather was a little cloudy, so it was "just right" for sitting out until after dark. They barbecued hot dogs and hamburgers and also served spinach dip with chips, potato salad and baked beans. Becka made a delicious lemon birthday cake which she knows is one of my favorite flavors.

Today, Jim and I will be out of town, for an unplanned trip to Post Falls, Idaho. The weather is still over-cast, so I expect we will have a cool July drive. Riley (our mini-schnauzer) is getting exciting about the prospect of going with us--he loves to travel and stands patiently beside the car door until I open it and he jumps in.

Thanks to all of you, who sent birthday greetings!!

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Patty H. said...

Happy belated Birthday!! Sounds like you had a good one.
Blessings
Patty H.