Monday, July 21, 2008

My Birthday Blessings

Birthdays have always been "special" in our family. As far back as I can remember, as a child, my family honored each member's birth-date with parties, gifts and scrumptious birthday cakes. It was a time to give thanks for a God-given life. It was a time to say, "thank you for blessing us with this wonderful and unique person." That tradition was passed on, to my immediate family, and continues to this day.

Today is my Birthday......I'm 64 years old!

Last Thursday, my two older daughters, honored me with a birthday luncheon in Spokane, Washington. Jim and I met Lori, Linda and Linda's husband, Mike, for a delicious gourmet lunch at the fabulous restaurant, Luna. We spent a couple of hours, chatting, laughing and having an unbelievably happy time together.

This evening, my youngest daughter, Rebekah, is giving me a patio party at her home. I have had a whirlwind "birthday week'' that I will never forget. I am so blessed to have such a thoughtful and gracious family.

I have had 64 years of blessings. I couldn't have ask for more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday, Barbara!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY FRIEND!
MAY WE HAVE MANY MORE!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday, mom!! I'll be thinking about you today!!! I hope it's wonderful for you and that you have a BLAST at Becka's. Wish I could be there. :(:(:(

I love you.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom! Have a great birthday, we will all be thinking about you! I will call you later! Love ya tons!

Lori :)

Wade said...

Happy Birthday, My wishes are late but is sounds like a great day:)